Deadly E.Coli Traced To Private Wells.
Aquadoc Water Systems - Latest technology non-chemical water treatment services
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Irish EPA E-coli review of private wells.
More On Fluoride.
Midges pain in the (water) butt.
Drink More Water.
Is This The Answer To MRSA Infection?

Free Water information
powered by

My Blog

Deadly E.Coli Traced To Private Wells.

The title of this blog is the actual title used in the newspaper article printed in the Irish Mirror of Friday, 6th June 2014..

The complete article is reproduced below:

Nearly a third of private wells in Ireland are contaminated by E.coli, putting children at risk of fatal kidney failure, health bosses warned yesterday.

Up to 30% are infected with the bacteria caused by animal or human waste the Environmental Protection Agency said.

A HSE report has also shown Ireland has the highest rate of Verotoxigenic E.coli in the whole of Europe.

HSE specialist Dr Una Fallon said "VTEC is a nasty water borne illness. The infection is most common in children and in up to 8% of cases patients go on to develop kidney complications. These can prove fatal.

This is all preventable".

More information from the EPA report:

All I can do is repeat our previous exhortation for well owners to have  tests carried out immediately.

It is not uncommon, in my experience, for wells to be tested on completion of drilling and never again. Testing is only required where local council grant funding is sought and a requirement for obtaining the grant aid is an analysis prior to the installation of a water treatment system and a follow up test after the water system had been installed.

Even if this is done wells should be tested annually. Water sources change and clearance today will not guarantee long term compliance with water standards.

Take samples in a suitable container and get them to your local testing centre as soon as possible., sooner if you can.

Depending on the results, indicated by each single parameter, which will show any contamination that exceeds EPA standards, call us or your local water treatment specialist to act on the data provided.

Stay safe and more importantly protect your family's health.

8 Comments to Deadly E.Coli Traced To Private Wells.:

Comments RSS
kostenlose Sportwetten on 15 July 2014 20:40
betusa com Sport
Reply to comment

Pamela G. Harwell on 05 May 2015 12:30
This looks thus great! This really is consequently good for you to see an individual posting again!
Reply to comment

Clemes on 30 October 2016 16:03
Once you enter in the word home remodeling, a directory of keywords are going to be pulled up to suit your needs that are related to the profiles of users who listed home remodeling among their interests. There are also players inside the field too, however these giants continue to be leading the pack. Facebook is attempting to drive because of this design given that they want to create Facebook.
Reply to comment

Lumpkin on 12 December 2016 00:16
Good day I am so thrilled I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic jo.
Reply to comment

Pietrzak on 12 December 2016 09:56
First off I would like to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I've had trouble clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Thank you!
Reply to comment

Warman on 12 December 2016 11:51
Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!
Reply to comment

Brunette on 26 December 2016 20:08
If you looking for the most amazing and cheapest guest posting services. To buy or sell guest posts, have a look at my site for Guest Posting Services for $5 Thanks!
Reply to comment on 22 September 2017 00:48